Friday, November 23, 2012

Brother


Brother

It seems I never knew you
'Til after you had gone
You became so much greater
As your life came into view
I wish I had just one more chance
To say that I love you
I was too much older
And our time was shortly spent
Together making memories
To make my heart content
But maybe I can live my life
The way you seemed to do
And always grab each moment
Making dreams come true
Gaining memories with my family
And friends along the way
But also reaching out to help
Those among life's strays
I miss you oh sweet brother
Time seems so very short
We don't treasure life as such
Sometimes it is so fleeting
Bidding adieus instead of greeting
You lived it to the fullest
In the short time that you had
I will not forget you
Even though it makes me sad
I will try to live it
In a way you once did
And never ever forget
When we were once just kids
Without the pain that grief gives
Happy oh sweet memories
Although few and far between
Will be with me forever
In my heart and dreams
Until someday when once again we meet
Though eternal it will be
Goodbye my dear sweet brother
I'll always love you so
For forever I will
I know.  
C. Lin Rawlins August 1992© Dedicated to my brother Zack

No comments:

Post a Comment