Thursday, November 15, 2012

Wisdom Words Tablet


Wisdom Words Tablet

Approval is often what I seek
Clasped hands begging it from peers
The person I need to seek it from is myself
Yet I am always dissatisfied with the results
Always attempting to achieve things beyond my grasp

Mercy I am eager to bestow upon others
When I view myself under hindsight’s microscope
I do not seem to allow its forgiving presence
The healing balm that Gilead and God extend to me
Christ died for all of us but I lack faith in accepting atonement

Justice is the pretense I give
Yet it is only the ill-fated guise of revenge
Only God grants true Justice for those whose hearts he knows
I wreak havoc on my self-esteem and physical person constantly
If I were true then I would atone and repent my sins to God

Compassion for self is lacking in my life
It abounds endlessly flowing outward toward others
Truth strikes at me shattering my rose-colored view
In written words I see it a wound laid out and raw
Easy to comprehend I feel unable to act upon the wisdom

C. Lin Rawlins 11-18-2001

No comments:

Post a Comment